Great Karoo Cycling - Cyclist Information
- Mountain bike fitted with sealant-filled tubeless tyres; alternatively ensure tubes are filled with sealant (eg, "green slime") and flat-fighters to minimise punctures. Don't compromise your bike saddle - otherwise a sore bum will ruin your adventure.
- Please note that preferred form of luggage is a soft bag with a MAXIMUM of 18kg/person.
- Water bottle or Camel-back, cycling helmet preferably with sun visor attached, pump, "bombs" for punctures, cycling back pack with wind cheater, sun block, sun glasses, swimming costume, cell phone, camera, etc. Don't forget lubricants for bum and bikes!
- Mountain bikes available for hire - make an enquiry.
- Please note: GKC does not insure guests’ bikes. Nobody will be permitted on any of our trails without first signing an Indemnity Form
Great Karoo Cycling offers a host of other activities after the day's riding is done:
- On the Gariep trail take a tour of the famous Gariep Dam wall, cycle through the Oviston and Gariep Nature Reserves.
- On the Sneeuberg trail visit Nieu Bethesda's quirky Owl House and art galleries, enjoy the locally brewed beers.
- In Graaff-Reinet go on the historical tour of the town's numerous points of interest and the Valley of Desolation with David McNaughton. Stay and enjoy dinner at the iconic, newly re-opened, 5-star Drostdy Hotel.
- On the Fish River trail stay at the renowned Tuishuise & Victoria Manor, go on a guided tour of the Olive Schreiner Museum and the township sites associated with "The Cradock Four". Take a guided vehicular tour of the nearby Mountain Zebra Park.